Thinking in a European perspective - Cultivating the European idea
Pig producers in Europe live in a political and economic union. Therefore it is becoming more and more important to think on a European scale and focus on global tendencies. For this reason EPP was founded in 1990 in Herning, Denmark. The aim of the club is to disseminate and establish the European idea.
Exchange of experience and information across national borders
EPP is a European network of farmers, advisers and researchers. Practical pig farmers feel a strong need to exchange experiences. But they have few opportunities to meet their international colleagues. EPP is an appropriate platform for the exchange of information.
The EPP Congress is an annual international event being organised in different countries to discuss the latest developments on the spot and enable personal meetings of the members. The annual EPP Congress is open for members and all interested people!
It is characterised by:
- Speeches by international experts
- Visits to farms
- Discussion and exchange between members
- Cultural events and sightseeing
Activities of the national branches
National branches with over 10 members exist in several countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, the Netherlands and United Kingdom. And there are single members in almost every European country. They organise their own meetings, study trips and social events.
EPP’s tasks and aims are intended to improve co-operation and contacts between members and the support of agriculture in the pig production sector.
- To encourage the exchange of information and technical knowledge concerning European pig farming, including the breeding, welfare and management of pigs
- To promote and assist members in the regional and social aspects of pig production
- To form a network of producers and organisations involved in European pig production
- To promote European pig production within a framework of committees, events and exhibitions, in conjunction with the German Agricultural Society (DLG)
Newsletters with country reports
Each newsletter includes the latest developments in the pig sector of the European countries and is written by the national EPP branches. The Newsletter is published four times a year.
Meeting points for EPP members and other leading professionals of the European pig sector are EPP events at exhibitions like EuroTier or AGRITECHNICA. In co-operation with other institutes and organisations EPP is organising the International Pig Event every two years on the occasion of EuroTier in Hanover, Germany.